New York City
All Day Conference and Luncheon
In Cooperation with the
NYC Department of Education
& the NYS Education Department
Saturday, April 28th 2012
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
On-Site Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
Save money, time and effort by pre-registering
Click here to download the registration form
Stuyvesant High School
345 Chambers Street @ West Street
"David Kraus Lecture"
Brain Sense: Learning About the Brain
Through Puzzles, Illusions and Hands-on Activities
Join Houghton Mifflin Harcourt author, television host, and Brooklyn-born educator/scientist Michael A. DiSpezio as he facilitates a journey in which the latest brain research is explained using an assortment of mind-twisting puzzles, stimulating activities, and three dimensional illusions.
In Mr. DiSpezio's entertaining and humorous style, he'll challenge you to construct an understanding of neural function by assuming the role of active audience participant. From understanding perception to learning how to maintain a brain friendly environment, you'll see how the neurobiology of learning emerges through the mechanics of these inexpensive and easy-to-share experiences.
In addition, you'll learn the techniques for capturing and displaying your own library of 3D images!
All attendees get 3D glasses to keep.
- Coffee, Tea and refreshments
- Optional hot buffet luncheon is available at midday
- Exhibits of books and classroom materials
- Certificate for six hours of participation
- Panels and workshops on all levels of science teaching
- Workshops of special interest on all levels for new teachers
- Commercial Workshops and Free Educational Materials
- Informal educational resources of the city including museums, zoos,
- Aquarium, environmental centers and related organizations
- Easy to Reach via all Major Subways and NJ PATH system.
Click here for more details